K4 v6: New Workflow Features
Among the new workflow features here are some that are most exciting to us:
- Choice of multiple workflows for the same object types in the same publication. This means we can give photo credits a much shorter workflow than a main article.
- Tasks instead of status. Staff mark tasks as completed rather than try to adjust the status of a layout or article. This is more granular and easier to understand.
- Parallel workflows. Some tasks can be worked on at the same time, rather than have a strict linear flow where they must follow a sequential order.
- Tasks can also we put outside of the workflow.
- Layout and article status will change as tasks are completed. Layout status can be dependent on tasks completed both for the layout itself and for all of its attached articles. For example, we can prevent layouts from going to production until all of the article tasks have been completed.