A Switch Issues Problem

This weekend I attempted to switch issues for our main publication since we just sent the March issue to the printer. After entering into K4 Admin I clicked on Issues and then clicked on the Switch Issues button. An Operation in Progress box then popped up stating that Operation in Progress for "Switch Issues".

I was not able to do anything that would resolve the problem. I tried using different browsers to access K4 Admin. I tried stopping and restarting K4 Server, including rebooting the entire server.

After working with Patrick at MEI we noted that I had just deleted the default issue for the Tablet Channel. We thought this was causing the problem. Since we were not using the Tablet Channel I deleted it from the Workflows editor, an the problem went away.

Moral of the story: be sure that Previous, Current and Next issues are always set to a specific issue for every channel.